29 June 2022
Wisdom teeth removal ends the misery of toothache and avoids future problems that can do more damage to oral health.
Wisdom teeth extraction has become standard practice recommended by dentists as a preventive measure to avoid dental complications as well as to address immediate concerns.
So it’s hardly surprising that many people in Sydney want to know about pricing for wisdom teeth removal and whether help is available to meet the costs.
Here, you’ll find out:
- How much wisdom teeth extraction costs in Sydney.
- What the cost includes.
- Why wisdom teeth are taken out.
The cost of wisdom teeth removal in big cities like Sydney is often more affordable than in rural districts.
The exact cost depends largely on the complexity of the procedure and whether gum tissue or jaw bone is covering the tooth.
If the teeth have fully emerged through the gum, extraction is straightforward, especially if the tooth roots are still developing.
However, removing impacted wisdom teeth is more involved and therefore more expensive. One of the most difficult extraction procedures in dentistry is taking out a wisdom tooth piece by piece.
Other considerations that affect the cost of wisdom teeth extraction include:
- The dentist you choose.
- The type of dental centre.
- How many wisdom teeth need removing.
- Angle of the tooth and tooth roots.
Wisdom teeth extraction at Wisdom Teeth Sydney is priced from $300 per tooth, with interest-free payment plans available to spread the cost to suit your budget.
With private health insurance, all or some of the cost may be covered, depending on your policy.
Wisdom teeth extraction costs at dental clinics include consultation, X-rays, and the extraction procedure:
- Local anaesthetic to minimise discomfort.
- Removal of any gum tissue or bone covering the tooth.
- Loosening the tooth from its socket.
- Extracting the tooth.
- Cleaning the extraction site.
- Stitches, if necessary.
- Applying gauze over the area to control bleeding and help formation of a blood clot.
Sedation dentistry may be available to help you stay relaxed during the procedure.
Wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure because most of us don’t have room in our mouth for this third and final set of molars.
Problems often start in the late teens or early 20s when wisdom teeth begin to appear. These issues include:
- Wisdom tooth impaction – the teeth remain embedded in the gum or jaw bone.
- Partial impaction – only some of the tooth emerges.
- Wisdom teeth emerging at a skewed angle.
Besides toothache troublesome wisdom teeth can lead to:
- Jaw pain.
- Gum infection.
- Increased risk of tooth decay.
- Cysts that can damage tooth nerves and jaw bone.
Wisdom tooth extraction can be a good investment in your long-term oral health and save you money in the long run by avoiding future problems.
Call Wisdom Teeth Sydney on (02) 8045 5139 if you need to know more about wisdom teeth removal, costs and payment plans, and sedation options.